Skip to main content
- Lead and coordinate all national and state-level surveys on educational attainment in Delhi e.g. NAS, SLAS etc.
- Maintain a state-wide database of key statistics and indicators of various schools, teacher education institutions and education outcomes.
- Provide administrative and field support for all policy-research projects by SCERT faculty through activities such as research instrument/survey design, training and supervision for field data collection, data cleaning, data analysis, report writing etc.
- Undertake a bi-annual empanelment exercise for third-party organizations specializing in data collection and process/impact evaluations in education. Manage the outsourcing process with these organizations whenever a study/evaluation is commissioned by Directorate of Education, GNCTD.
- Facilitate collaborations with local, national and international universities on educational research activities in Delhi
- Coordinate with State Research Support Group for all research and assessment activities taken by SCERT Delhi
- Manage the grant-making process for research funds sanctioned to SCERT every year. Explore making certain proportion of annual grant open to external researchers who are willing to collaborate with SCERT faculty around priority education issues in Delhi.
- Establish research chairs for specialized areas of research as relevant to the emerging needs of school education in Delhi.
- Organize seminars and roundtables to discuss the evolving state of evidence in various issues related to school education, and its applicability to Delhi.
- Undertake capacity building activities, either directly or in collaboration with national/international agencies and universities, for ongoing improvement in research skills of SCERT and DIET faculty.
- Prepare policy briefs and summaries for all policy-research and evaluations studies undertaken by SCERT Delhi.
- Support educational planning initiatives of GNCTD by providing evidence-based inputs.