This division will primarily support all other divisions at SCERT as well as the faculty at DIETs to succeed in their objectives by providing critical services such as a state-of-the-art library and access to important documentation. Following will be its key functions:
- Provide state-of-the-art library services including reading/discussion room facility to faculty, staff and students at SCERT. Apart from a well-stocked book collection, the library shall have an exhaustive set of national and international journals in the field of education research and teacher education (physical and internet access), and access to a wide variety of e-learning resources.
- The SCERT library will also support the needs of faculty from all DIETs in Delhi, as well as all teachers of Delhi (for referral purposes only) to act as a true state-level resource centre.
- The documentation centre will house relevant publications from central and state governments such as census reports, statistical surveys, economic surveys, state educational policies, five year plans, research studies by faculty and staff at NCERT, NUEPA, SCERT Delhi and DIETs of Delhi etc.
- Develop and maintain an electronic records management system accessible via internet, and used by librarians at SCERT as well as all DIETs. This database shall be linked to external databases (e.g. DELNET – Developing Library Network) to promote sharing of resources at national and international level.
- Lead the design and delivery of in-service training of all librarians at DIETs and other TEIs in Delhi.