SCERT Delhi has hosted the Affiliation, Admission and Examination (AAE) Cell since its inception to provide overall administrative oversight, support and technical supervision for the functioning of all institutes with Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.) course, and Diploma in Pre-school Education (DPSE) course in Delhi. While the nature of work of this cell has changed only moderately over time, the volume of work has increased manifold. The total sanctioned strength of the AAE cell is 9 staff since 1997, exclusive of Group D staff. Since then, the total number of D.El.Ed. and DPSE institutes managed by this cell has increased from 12 to 62 without any commensurate change in the staff strength of the AAE cell. The situation is worsened by the fact that not all of the current positions are filled. The current proposal therefore aims largely to restructure and resize this division to meet the present and future needs.
- Carry out annual, re-appear and practical examinations in all institutes offering D.El.Ed. and DPSE courses in Delhi along with allied pre-examination and evaluation activities
- Conduct due-diligence and grant affiliation to new institutes offering D.El.Ed. and DPSE courses in Delhi after conduct of field inspection
- Carry out annual quality monitoring (administrative and financial) for all affiliated institutes in Delhi
- Design and lead the admission process for seats in all institutes offering D.El.Ed. and DPSE courses in Delhi every year including tendering out to outsourced agencies, finalizing prospectus, hosting the admission website, declaring admission list, conducting counselling process and finalizing admission list
- Grant certificates to all graduates of all institutes offering D.El.Ed. and DPSE courses in Delhi