Skip to main content
Divisions of SCERT/
School Leadership and Management/
Functions of SLM
- Determine training needs and directly prepare relevant content and train (in collaboration with DIETs), or facilitate external trainings through national and international partner institutions, of Heads of Schools.
- In consultation with DoE and DIETs, determine training needs and support content creation and training for all stakeholders involved in school management e.g. estate managers, SMCs, CRCs, BRPs, middle management etc.
- Serve as a nodal division for all programmes and Centrally Sponsored Schemes related to comprehensive school management and evaluation (e.g. Shaala Siddhi)
- Carry out action-research projects in the fields of school leaders/administrator education and school system management striving to be rigorous, relevant, innovative and current. Collaborate with local and international universities. Hiring of additional project fellows will be tied to funded research projects by the faculty.
- Partner with leading NGOs and private training institutions to ensure the most innovative and effective training content is created and used for the above mentioned trainings.
- Serve as a nodal division in relation to all programmes of community involvement in school education (e.g. School Management Committees)