DIET Karkardooma has been established as a pace-setting institution with the objective to bring qualitative and quantitative enrichment in elementary education in the District East of Delhi, through conducting research, experiments, training, developing materials and providing resource support. Since its establishment, DIET Karkardooma is constantly engaged in achieving these objectives. This is an institute that captures the multi-faceted personality of elementary education visionaries. The institute performs a wide range of academic activities with the idea of developing a complete personality, self-discipline, the spirit of cooperation, innovative ideas, scientific temper and missionary zeal which are the necessary part of studies. The institute run 2 Year D. El. Ed. Programme with an intake of 120 students.
DIET Karkardooma performs the following functions in order to make a significant difference in moulding the education scenario of the district, which is the need of the hour.
- Initiatives to upgrade the quality of the teaching-learning process and level of learners' achievement in the elementary schools of Districts, which is the ultimate index of such quality.
- Preparation and enrichment of elementary and Primary-School teachers through Pre-Service & In-Service Teacher Education.
- Research and Material Development to build an improved understanding of elementary education in the district as per the needs of students, teachers, community and schools.
- Activities to improve and support community involvement in elementary education.
- Support for training programmes in adult education.
- Design, develop and implementation of training programmes to improve the quality of the educational process in the district.
DIETs were envisioned in the National Policy of Education 1986 and were created by the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development in early 1990 to strengthen elementary education through academic and resource support at the District level with the following essential inputs:
- Provision of Pre-service and In-service teacher education programmes
- Organizing district-level and state-level educational research on issues pertaining to enrolment retention, achievement, gender parity and Drop-out
- Facilitating collaborative Action Researches to enable practising teachers to address the classroom issues
- Providing resource support to the Non-formal education sector by extending expertise in developing curriculum and supplementary learning materials
- Designing and developing manuals on different issues and concerns i.e Gender
- Sensitivity Disaster Management and Leadership
- Scouting Innovative practices of Elementary teachers and disseminating through News bulletins
MISSION- Mission of the DIET has been decided as follows:
To provide academic and resource support at the grass-root level for the success of various strategies and programmes being undertaken in the areas of elementary and Adult Education, with especially reference to the following objectives:
- Universalization of primary/Elementary Education.
- The pursuit of excellence would have to inform all activities of the DIETs, in which context, it will have inter-related aspects:
- Excellence in the institution’s work, and helping the elementary and the Adult education system in the district, in achieving excellence.
- Classrooms: Smart classrooms for teaching and learning
- ICT/Computer lab
- Work-Experience lab
Infrastructure and Resources
Wi-Fi-enabled campus, spacious green compound, parking facility
• Medical Room
ACTIVITIES AT GLANCE
Orientation of New Trainees
International Sports Day Celebration
Literacy Day Celebration
1st Alumni Meet of DIET, Karkardooma
District Institute of Education and Training, DIET, KKD is one of the nine DIETs established under the aegis of State Council of Educational Research and Training, in the government of National Capital Territory of Delhi for quantitative and qualitative development and improvement of elementary. Our Institute is comprised of seven academic branches as per new restructuring.
DISTRICT AT A GLANCE
In Delhi, there is a multi-management system for education particularly for school education. There are schools, managed by Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD), New Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC), and Directorate of Education (DOE) and some schools are being managed by private organizations, trusts etc. But MCD and Directorate of Education have the major share of student population particularly at elementary level. MCD has the responsibility of imparting primary education only. Education department manages number of aided and recognized schools.
Table-1 (Schools as on Dec-2021)
Table-2 (Teachers-All Management as on Dec-2021)
Table-3 (Teachers-DOE as on Dec-2021)
|S. No||Teachers DOE||Sanctioned||In position (a+b+c+d)||Regular/Re-employed||Contractual/ Guest|
|Male (a)||Female (b)||Male (c)||Female (d)|
|7||Pre Primary/Nursery Teacher||126||125||1||73||4||47|
|8||Misc. Teacher (Class 1-5)||7||6||3||0||2||1|
|9||Misc. Teacher (Class 6-8)||481||390||116||153||38||83|
|10||Misc. Teacher (Class 9-10)||368||286||97||89||20||80|
|11||Misc. Teacher (Class 11-12)||117||127||16||27||16||68|
Table-4 (Teachers-MCD as on Dec-2021)
|S. No.||Teachers MCD||Sanctioned||In position (a+b+c+d)||Regular/Re-employed||Contractual/ Guest|
|Male (a)||Female (b)||Male (c)||Female (d)|
|4||Misc. Teacher (Class 1-5)||68||62||22||31||4||5|
The Management institutes recognized by National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE) and by SCERT, Delhi.
- Lovely Teacher Training Institute
- Sai Institute of Education
- Rishabh Institute
|S No.||Name of student||Batch(Academic Year)||Work Profile||Organisation|
|1||SUMIT KUMAR||2020||PR Editor of Dy.CM , Editor member Of Delhi Education Magazine, Teacher Training Researcher||Dy.CM Office Delhi Secretariat||sumitkumarrpvv[at]gmail[dot]com|
|2||AYUSHI ARORA||2015||PRT ( Primary Teacher)||M.B.P.B.M , SKV , GT Road Shahdara||ayushiarora9818[at]gmail[dot]com|
|3||SIMRAN||2020||YouTube , Instagram , Tutor , Freelancing||Youtuber , influencer, tutor , freelancer makeup artist ,model||simrankotnala14[at]gmail[dot]com|
|4||TRIPTI PATODIA||2018||Nursery Teacher||DAV, Public School, East of Loni Road, Delhi||patodiatripti[at]gmail[dot]com|
|5||PINKI||2018||PRT(SSA)||RSBV KALYANVAS DELHI-91||pinkichoudhary367[at]gmail[dot]com|
|6||GUNJAN BUDHIRAJA||2015||Process Coordinator||Lovely Public School ,NLP||gunjanbudhiraja95[at]gmail[dot]com|
|7||CHHAVI SHARMA||2019||Assistant Teacher Primary (PRT)||SKV JANAKI DEVI, MAYUR VIHAR PHASE 1, POCKET 2, Delhi – 91||chhavisharma[dot]51[at]gmail[dot]com|
|8||AAYUSHI CHAUDHARY||2018||PRT||Greenfield public sr. Sec. School||Aayuch26998[at]gmail[dot]com|
|9||PRAGYA JAIN||2018||Assistant Teacher Primary||Assistant Teacher||pragyajain172[at]gmail[dot]com|