Entrepreneurship Mindset Curriculum (EMC)
1. Thematic Units
Blending various entrepreneurial abilities with foundational abilities and key qualities, 30+ Units on 17+ themes have been designed across grades 9, 10, 11, and 12, with due consideration given to reducing workload for students in grades 10 and 12 preparing for Board examinations. Themes have been designed to meet objectives as defined in the EMC Framework. Themes with broader and complex objectives are spiraled across multiple grades to meet the objectives. Each Thematic Unit has a set of learning outcomes which are achieved by the Activities and Story (where present) along with associated Reflection and Discussion. The following online training videos are available for understanding and conducting of Thematic Units in EMC classes.
2. Seed Money Project: “Business Blasters”
The primary objective of “Business Blasters” is to provide an immersive real world opportunity to practice and apply the entrepreneurial abilities learned in the classroom. Using the seed money provided by the government, in small teams, students identify and pursue real world opportunities either for making profit or for creating social impact. Research and experience of various universities around the world have confirmed that immersive real world projects like this accelerate developing entrepreneurial abilities. A playlist of videos of nine projects from the pilot of Business Blasters in School of Excellence Khichripur provides a good idea of the amazing results.
3. Live Entrepreneur Interactions (LEI)
The objectives of LEI is to give students:
- an exposure to wide variety of entrepreneurial opportunities, and
- an understanding of the challenges and successes involved in entrepreneurial journeys.
Digital LEI Since the Covid-19 lockdown, online interaction with entrepreneurs are arranged via video conferencing and live broadcasts.
Till now, 16 Live Entrepreneur Interactions (LEI) happened (however, still ongoing). Each of the LEI interactions cover different themes such as dreaming big, managing fear, taking risk, etc. We have received a total of approximately 7,00,000+ views for these so far (ever changing!) through various mediums. Each of our LEIs is watched live at SCERT Delhi Youtube channel by anywhere between 2000-3000 viewers.
The 16 Live Entrepreneur Interactions (LEI) have been with the below entrepreneurs-
- Dr. Blossom Kochhar (Chairperson, Blossom Kochhar Group of Companies)
- Ms. Sarita Sarvria (Managing Director, Express Housekeeper Pvt. Ltd.)
- Mr. Rohit Thakral (CEO, Target Integration)
- Mr. Abhiraj Singh Bhal (Co-Founder & CEO, Urban Company)
- Mr. Jayanta Das (MD, Primero Skills and Training Pvt. Ltd.)
- Ms. Sujata and Ms. Taniya (Founders, Suta)
- Mr. Arjun Malhotra (Serial Entrepreneur in IT sector, Co-Founder- HCL Technologies, and many more)
- Mr. K Ganesh (Serial Entrepreneur, Promoter- Portea Medical, bigbasket)
- Mr. Pankaj Gulati (Head of Strategic Business Development, Starry Inc.)
- Ms. Kiran Mazumdar Shaw (Executive Chairperson, Biocon Ltd).
- Mr. Anshu Gupta (Founder- Goonj)
- Mr. PC Musthafa (Co-Founder & CEO, ID Fresh Food)
- Dr. Venkat Srinivasan (Managing Director, Innospark Ventures)
- Smt. Sudha Murty (Teacher, Author, Social Worker, Chairperson- Infosys Foundation)
- Mr. Ammar Afsal, Mr. Radhe Shyam, Ms. Nisha Yadav (Student Entrepreneurs)
- Ms. Sairee Chahal (Founder and CEO of SHEROES)
All the Live Entrepreneur Interactions are available to watch here- SCERT YouTube Playlist of Live Entrepreneur Interactions
4. Student Specials
Several abilities in the Entrepreneurship Mindset such as Effective Communication require extensive practice with constructive feedback. Student Specials have been designed keeping this requirement in mind. These sessions are conducted by students themselves during Saturday EMC periods or during free periods. Students in different grades choose one of the activities such as Just A Minute (JAM), Jaldi Debate, Candidate Interview, and Group Discussion. Students get assigned to roles in the ‘executing team’ or be ‘participants’ and ‘observers’. Overall, students are encouraged to maintain a warm, non-judgemental environment for practicing various communication scenarios. Observers give constructive feedback to speakers on the effectiveness of their communication, including eye contact, body language, voice modulation as well as activity-specific communication objectives. Emphasis is also put on time-bound communication, and a timer keeps track of whether speakers adhere to their allotted time limits. Since these sessions are organized by students, they also get to practice organization skills. The following online training videos are available for understanding and conducting Student Specials:
- Overview of Student Specials
- Conducting Just A Minute (JAM) and Jaldi Debate
- Conducting Interview and Group Discussion
5. Career Exploration
In Career Exploration, students understand a wide variety of career paths by interviewing both entrepreneurs and professionals about their experiences and journeys. This way, they get a direct exposure to a variety of career options in employment and in business, and they also learn to interact with working people. Online training video is available for facilitating Career Exploration.
Every EMC class begins with a five minute “Mindfulness” to help students get centered and be attentive in class. Attention is a prerequisite for any kind of learning. Mindfulness also helps students increase their focus and concentration on the task at hand. An online training video explains the role of Mindfulness and how it is delivered within EMC.