About Us- DIET, Pitampura
DIET Pitampura has been established as a pace setting institution with the objective to bring qualitative and quantitative enrichment in elementary education in the North West-B district, through conducting research, experiments, training, developing materials and providing resource support. Since its establishment, DIET Pitampura is constantly engaged in achieving these objectives.
This is an institute that captures the multi-faceted personality of the elementary education visionaries. The institute performs a wide range of academic activities with the idea of development of a complete personality, self-discipline, spirit of cooperation, innovative ideas, scientific temper and missionary zeal which are the necessary part of studies. The institute runs a 2 year D.El.ED Programme with the in-take of 100 students.
Vision & Mission
As per the 12th five-year Plan, DIETs are envisioned as “Academic Lead Institutions” to provide guidance to all academic functionaries in the district envisaged in plan DIET Pitampura too is performing for –
- Quality teacher training, leading to high learning levels among students.
- Improving pedagogy and making classroom learning interesting.
- Developing Curriculum and Academic Material such as child-friendly textbooks.
- Planning and Management of elementary, adult education and non-formal education of the district.
- Conducting Research.
- Developing Low- Cost & No-cost Teaching -Learning Material/ Gadgets, supporting innovations, Evaluating students, Teachers, Programs and Institutions.
- Using Technology in Education.
- Providing Academic Support to the different stakeholders from time to time.
To provide an academic and resource support at the grass-roots Level for the success of the various strategies and programmers being Undertaken in the area of elementary and adult education, with reference to the following objectives:
- Excellence in the Institute’s own work, and
- Helping the elementary and adult education systems in the district, in achieving excellence.
The DIET has three main functions via:
(i) Training (two year diploma) in Elementary Teacher Education under Pre-service as well as in-service training of elementary school teachers, Headmasters, head of school complexes and officers of education department., Teachers of learning centres, instructors and supervisors of non-formal & adult education, members of DBE and Village Education Committees (VEC), community leaders, CRC / ZRC heads and resource persons engaged in conducting programmes.
(ii) Academic and Resource support to the elementary and adult Education system in the district.
- extension activities and interaction with the fields,
- provision of services of a resource and learning centre for teachers and instructors
- development of locally relevant materials teaching aids. Evaluation tools etc, and
(iii) Action research and experimentation to deal with specific problems of the district in achieving the objectives in the areas of elementary and adult and non-formal education.
Construction of the new building (Six Story Building + underground multi-level two layer parking) will be started very soon. Current total land area is 8886.62 Sq. Mtr., Build up Area is 1746.91 Sq. Mtr. and Open Area is 7139.71 Sq. Mtr.
Wi-Fi enabled campus, spacious green compound with good parking facility.