- Teachers Training Management System : Training, A click Away
- Training for Inclusive Education teachers by SCERT
- 2.5 K teachers are registered on the portal of SCERT to become more professional
- MCD teachers will become more competent
- Research Report: More than half of Schools are using smart board
- Sanskrit teachers will become professional in schools
The Bachelor of Education program, generally known as B.Ed., is a professional course that prepares teachers for upper primary or middle level (classes VI-VIII), secondary level (classes IX-X) and senior secondary level (classes XI-XII).
The B.Ed. Division organizes B.Ed. program for those who inspire to become school teacher and those who are already working as Assistant Teacher in the schools of GNCT of Delhi, NDMC and Delhi Cantonment Board and wish to be promoted and teach at upper primary, secondary or senior secondary level. The B.Ed. degree course offered by the B.Ed. Division is approved by the National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE) and affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), New Delhi.
Duration of the B.Ed. Program:
It is a two-year regular ( full time) program based on Four Semesters.
Objectives of the B.Ed. Program:
- To strengthen the professionalism and competency among pre-service and in-service teacher-trainees.
- To imbibe the knowledge and understanding of various methods and approaches of teaching learning process among teacher-trainees.
- To provide first-hand experience of all the school activities through engaging teacher- trainees as interns in secondary/senior secondary schools.
- To foster the abilities of trainees to engage and manage the scholastic and co-scholastic individual issues of learners.
- To develop skills associated with choosing/selecting, creating and utilizing the assessment tools/instruments.
Scope of the B.Ed. Program:
B.Ed. Program is a set of various theory courses and practical work that are linked together meaningfully aiming at achieving excellence and competence in pedagogic practices and enabling the teacher-trainees to become an efficient and effective school teacher.
Eligibility for the B.Ed. Program:
Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Science / Social Sciences/ Humanities, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55 % (fifty five percent) marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the program.
Seats/ Intake in the B.Ed. Program:
There are 100 seats comprising of 70 for candidates under pre-service and 30 for candidates under in-service.
Admission Procedure of the B.Ed. Program:
In order to pursue the B.Ed. Program from the B.Ed. Division of SCERT, under pre-service, the eligible candidates are required to apply directly in the GGSIPU for admission in the B.Ed. program giving their option of college of study as B.Ed. Division, SCERT, Delhi. The admission and college allocation are strictly done on the basis of the merit of the written test /Common Entrance Test which is conducted by the GGSIPU or designated agencies accepted by the University or on merit of the qualifying degrees. Only CET qualified applicants are considered for admission, through the University counselling, subject to fulfilment of eligibility and admission criteria. Under in-service, regular Assistant Teachers (ATs) of the schools of NDMC, Delhi Cantonment Board and DoE of GNCT of Delhi may apply through proper channel as per the eligibility criteria and terms and conditions of their respective departments.
Fee of B.Ed. Program:
The total annual fee of the program is Rs. 60000/- (From Pre-Service Trainees)
In Service B.Ed. fee is Rs. 16000/-
First Year: 115 (Session 2021-23)
Second Year: 93 (Session 2020-22)